2022 Einstein Forum & Wittenstein Foundation Fellowship for Young Researchers : Apply
The call for the 2022 Einstein Forum & Wittenstein Foundation Fellowship for young researchers has been made by both organizing parties.
The fellowship which comes with a stipend of EUR 10,000 and full accommodation of the selected fellows aims to support those who wish to produce superb work in their area of specialization.
The Einstein Forum and the Wittenstein Foundation are offering a fellowship for outstanding young thinkers who wish to pursue a project in a different field from that of their previous research.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Fellowships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: EUR 10 ,000 Stipend | Accommodation
- Deadline: May 15, 2022
The purpose of the fellowship is to support those who, in addition to producing superb work in their area of specialization, are also open to other, interdisciplinary approaches – following the example set by Albert Einstein.
The Albert Einstein Fellowship supports creative, interdisciplinary thought by giving young scholars the chance to pursue research outside their previous area of work. The fellowship, previously awarded by the Einstein Forum and the ZEIT-Stiftung Ebelin und Gerd Bucerius (2007 – 2009), since 2010 the fellowship is awarded by the Einstein Forum and the Daimler and Benz Foundation.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- Be under the age of 35
- Hold a university degree in the humanities, in the social sciences, or in the natural sciences.
- Be ready to present your project in a public lecture at the Einstein Forum and at the Wittenstein Foundation at the end of the fellowship period.
- Must demonstrate the quality, originality, and feasibility of the proposed project, as well as the superior intellectual development of the applicant. It is not relevant whether the applicant has begun working toward, or currently holds, a PhD. The proposed project need not be entirely completed during the time of the fellowship, but can be the beginning of a longer project.
- The Einstein Fellowship is not intended for applicants who wish to complete an academic study they have already begun.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Although the exact dates are flexible, the 5-6 month period of the fellowship should preferably take place during the summer months and end within the calendar year.
- The fellowship includes living accommodations for five to six months in the garden cottage of Einstein`s own summerhouse in Caputh, Brandenburg, only a short distance away from the universities and academic institutions of Potsdam and Berlin. The fellow will receive a stipend of EUR 10,000 and reimbursement of travel expenses.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- A two-page project proposal, and
- Two letters of recommendation.
All documents must be received by May 15, 2022.