Situated on New Zealand’s North Island, the University of Waikato is classified as one of the top 1.1% of universities in the world. The university maintains campuses in Hamilton and Tauranga, and provides a variety of academic disciplines, 10 of which have been selected among the top 200 in the world.
The university possesses world-class research facilities and capacity in a number of areas. The university performs original and innovative research and transfers its knowledge to the commercial and government communities. The university works in partnership with industry, government and other educational institutions, and is committed to expanding its research partnerships.
- Host University: University of Waikato;
- Host Country: New Zealand;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Study Level: Postgraduate and Undergraduate Level;
- Scholarship Worth: 10,000NZD;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
About the Scholarship:
The International Excellence Scholarship is now available for Undergraduate, Postgraduate and International Students who want to pursue their studies at the University Of Waikato, New Zealand.
The scholarship will be worth up to NZD 10,000 and be directly deducted from the applicant’s tuition costs for their selected program(s) of study, at the time of the announcement or after registration has been successfully achieved.
The proposed grant will be determined on the basis of such considerations as, but not necessarily exclusive to, the available total funds, marks, financial requirements, the number of credits registered, the number of candidates, and the time period of registration.
- Candidates should register at the University of Waikato for the first time for an undergraduate or graduate degree in any discipline;
- Candidates are required to have at least a B+ GPA equivalent;
- Applicants may not be presently registered at the University of Waikato, especially for the Certificate of Achievement in Academic English, Certificate of Achievement in Foundation Studies, International Diploma of Business or Science, or any other degree program, and may not have submitted a registration fee by the deadline for application;
- Applicants are required to have completed the University of Waikato’s English language proficiency standards, or have been given an academic opportunity for the University of Waikato’s Certificate of Achievement in Academic English;
- Applicants must receive a qualified or unqualified admission offer for a full-time program of study of a total duration of not less than 12 months;
- Applicants must be resident in New Zealand for the duration of the scholarship and can only take a maximum of 50% of their online course: if that option is present;
- Applicants that are arriving at the University of Waikato through a sponsored institution are not considered for admission; neither are candidates that are arriving at the University of Waikato through a secured credit agreement or a study overseas or student exchange arrangement.
How to Apply:
The applications may be completed at any time however candidates are required to be outside of New Zealand by the time they apply for the scholarship and should complete the scholarship process before applying for a visa to travel to New Zealand.
Applicants must provide a personal declaration that addresses the specific issues listed below:
- What are the objectives or professional ambitions of the candidate?
- What does an international learning opportunity do to help the student accomplish these objectives?
- Any other attributes or abilities of the student that would help them to be an appropriate candidate for this scholarship and make them an ideal representative of the University of Waikato?
Please check the official website to get more detailed information about the process of submitting an application for this scholarship.