Do you have a repeat Spam offender who fills your Facebook page with unwanted advertisements? Or maybe you’ve had it with that one family member’s crazy conspiracy theories. No offense to Crazy Uncle Larry, but sometimes enough is enough.
You have the power to block someone from your page temporarily or for good with a few simple clicks of a button. Give you and your followers some peace of mind and stop those people from accessing your page. Find out more in the article below.
How to Block Someone from a Page on Facebook
If you don’t want someone to see your timeline or tag you anymore, follow these simple steps to block them.
You can also go directly to the person’s profile page to block them. Tap on the three dots next to their cover photo to open the menu and select Block from the options.
How to Block Someone from a Facebook Page You Manage
As a Facebook page administrator, you have the power to stop certain users from accessing the page you manage. One of the simplest ways to do it is through your page settings:
- Go to the Settings menu on the page and tap on “People and other pages”
- Scroll down until you get to the person you want to ban and select the “Ban from page” option
You can reverse it by going back into your Settings and selecting “Unban from page” next to the person’s name.
You can’t “block” someone from a Business Page. That’s usually reserved for personal accounts. However, you can “ban” users, and that permanently blocks them from accessing a business page.
How to Block Someone from a Facebook Page on iPhone
Block someone from a Facebook Page using your iPhone or iPad with these quick steps:
- Launch the Facebook app
- Tap “…” for More
- Scroll down and select Settings under the Settings header
- Tap Blocking
- Enter the person’s name and tap the blue Block button
How to Block Someone from a Facebook Page on Android
Block someone using an Android device like this:
- Launch the Facebook app
- Go to soon-to-be-blocked person’s profile
- Tap “…” for More
- Select and Confirm Block
How to Block Someone from a Facebook Group Page
Only group moderators and admins can block or remove group members. To block someone, follow these steps:
How to Block Someone from a Business Page on Facebook
Blocking is a feature generally reserved for personal accounts, but you can ban someone from a business page. Here’s how:
- Open the Facebook app and go to the comment from the person you want to ban
- Tap on their profile picture
- Scroll to the bottom of their profile and tap Ban from Page
- Confirm the Ban
How to Block Someone from Facebook Page Messages
Blocking someone from sending messages to you isn’t the same as blocking someone on Facebook. If you only want to stop unwanted messages, here’s how to do it:
- Open Facebook on your computer and go to your News Feed
- Select the blue and red dialogue bubble for Messenger located in the left menu
- Scroll down and click on the conversation with the person you want to block
- In the right menu, select Privacy & Support
- Click the Block Messages option and confirm the block
How to Block Someone from a Facebook Page Who Hasn’t Liked It
Silence those trolls once and for all. Follow these easy steps to block someone from a Facebook business page:
- Open your Facebook Business Page
- Go to Page Settings located in the bottom left corner of the screen
- Select the People & Others tab
- Open the drop-down menu and select Banned People & Pages
- Click on the +Ban A Person button
- Enter the person’s vanity URL in the search bar
- Click Save to add the person to the ban list
How to Block a Facebook User Quickly and Anonymously
Block someone quickly through your Settings & Privacy options in your Main Menu. Select Settings and click on Blocking. Enter the name of the person that you want to block and confirm the action.
The person you blocked is never notified that you banished them from your Facebook space.
What Does Banning Someone from a Facebook Page Do?
Banning someone prevents them from publishing to your Page. They also can’t like or comment on posts and they can’t message or like your Page.u003cbru003eu003cbru003eHowever, they can still share content from your Page to other places on Facebook. They just can’t interact directly with you anymore.
Can You Block Someone from Your Business Page on Facebook?
You can’t necessarily “block” users from your business page, but you can “ban” them. This allows them to share your content without being able to actively participate in your Page.
One Last Word
Remember that blocking is forever, or at least until you friend the user again. When you block someone, you need to friend them again and that could create an awkward situation. So, if you just want a break you may want to consider the temporary solutions instead.