Snapchat is one of the best apps for communication because it’s very innovative and different from all the other apps. Snapchat is constantly improving, with many new features being added all the time. One of the most anticipated is the new Cameo feature.
If you’d like to know how to do cameos in Snapchat, you’re in the right place. Keep reading to get some great tips and tricks and learn how to do cameos together with your friends.
That’s right, two-person cameos are also a thing!
What Are Snapchat Cameos?
Is Snapchat allowing its users to star in movies? Well, not exactly. The cameo feature is there to convey a quick video reaction to your Snapchat friends. There are over a hundred simple animated clips to which you can attach your face.
Essentially, a Snapchat cameo is like a selfie you insert into a funny and short animated clip. When you make a Snapchat cameo clip, you can share it with your Snapchat friends via chat. You can also co-star in a Snapchat cameo with your friend, as long as they approve.
Snapchat will remember your selfie (face) and allow you to use it with multiple cameos without the need to keep taking new selfies. Of course, if you want to change the selfie and make a new one, you’re free to do that whenever you please.
Snapchat isn’t the first app that allowed people to do this sort of thing. Some Chinese apps like Zao did something similar. Nonetheless, this is a really fun and goofy feature, and it suits Snapchat very well indeed.
How to Do Snapchat Cameos?
There are two ways to make Snapchat cameos: using your profile page or accessing the option in chat directly. If you prefer to go straight to chat, skip to “Step 5” below, but the profile option is suggested for comvenience.
Make or Change Your Snapchat Cameo from Your Profile Page in iOS/Android
- Open “Snapchat,” then access your profile page.
- Scroll down to the bottom and select “Create Cameos Selfie” or choose “Change Cameos Selfie” if one already exists.
- An outlined face appears. Move your camera until your face fits within the outline. Tap on “Create My Cameo” when the button turns blue.
- Choose the “male” or “female” image and tap on “Continue.” Your cameo gets created and saved.
- Access “Chat” and select the “friend(s)” that you want to receive your cameo.
- Tap on “” (smiley face icon) next to the chat box.
- On the bottom of the screen, choose “” (use cameo icon) for Android or “” for iOS if a cameo already exists, and you want to use it. Otherwise, skip to “Step 9.”
- When you choose the “use cameo” icon, a scrollable list of cameo clips appears on the bottom half of the screen. Select the cameo you want, and it will automatically send the clip to your friend with your face in it.
- If you want to create a new cameo or don’t have one yet, tap the “” (add cameo icon). If you don’t see it, try reverting to “Steps 1-4” using your profile page.
- If using chat, select a “friend” and tap on the “smiley face icon” next to the chat field.
- Choose the “outlined face with a plus icon” (add/change cameo) or “smiley face with a star” (use cameo). If you don’t see one, revert to “Step 2” where you access the option from your profile page.
- Tap the “camera icon” on the bottom.
- Select the “face cameo icon” to the right of the “record button.”
- Slide the options from right to left to find the cameo you want to use.
- Tap on the “cameo icon.” Your face image will transpose to incorporate the cameo feature, such as a puffy sparkling face, a billy goat face, or a bearded face with sunglasses.
- Open Chat, and select the smiley face button and select the outline of a face with the plus symbol.
- Select the Cameo background and align your face with it so that it fits naturally. When ready, capture a selfie.
- Stay in Chat, and look at all the Cameo options. Select one and press Send to share it with your friends. You can send your cameo to multiple people at once.
Now that you’ve created your cameo outline, you can keep sending various cameos from the chat window while talking to your friends on Snapchat. You can also create quick cameos from the Recent tab, since the app will remember your cameo pattern.
You can change this pattern whenever you please by visiting the Cameo menu once again and choosing a different Cameo tile. After that, tap the More button and choose New Selfie. You can also preview your selfie here.
How to Do Two Person Snapchat Cameos?
Everything on Snapchat is more interesting when you do it with friends. Cameos can also be a joint effort. When you first make a cameo, there’s an option to enable two-person cameos. Tap on that and enable making cameos with friends.
This way you’ll be able to enjoy making a double-feature cameo and have a lot of fun with your besties. For now, only two people can participate in Snapchat cameos, but perhaps that number will grow in the future.
Also, make sure to allow your friends to use your Cameo Selfie. Otherwise, cameos with friends won’t work.
- Open Snapchat and go to your profile.
- Select the Settings and choose to Use my Cameos Selfie.
- Choose Everyone or My Friends. If you choose Only Me, you won’t be able to take two-person cameos on Snapchat.
Have Fun with Your Friends
Snapchat is a fun platform that just keeps on improving. Camoes is a great new addition which has got many people interested in Snapchat again. The best way to test cameos is to do as many of them as you can with your friends.
You’ll surely share a laugh and some fun times. Recently, Snapchat said that they’ll be introducing new cameos in the future, so keep your eyes out for the updates. Which cameo on Snapchat is your favorite? Let us know in the comments section below.