Facebook Marketplace is a great way to find items for sale in your area. But how do you know when new items are posted? This guide will show you how to set up alerts in Facebook Marketplace so you can stay up-to-date on the latest listings.
Setting Up Facebook Marketplace Alerts on a PC
If a PC is your preferred device for accessing Facebook Marketplace, here’s how to set up alerts and get notified as soon as there’s a new listing.
- Click on your profile picture in the top right-hand corner of the Facebook homepage.
- Select “Settings & privacy” from the drop-down menu and then click on “Settings.”
- Once you’re in the Settings menu, click on “Notifications” from the menu on the left-hand side. Then, click on “Marketplace.”
- Finally, next to each notification type (e.g., “Push”), click on the toggle button so it says “On.” This will ensure that you receive notifications for activity related to the Marketplace.
Setting Up Facebook Marketplace Alerts in the iPhone App
When you set up alerts and notifications for Facebook Marketplace on your iPhone, you’ll be informed immediately when new items that match your search criteria are posted. This saves you time, as you won’t have to constantly check the Marketplace for new postings.
You will be more likely to find the item you want before someone else does since you will know about it as soon as it is posted.
Here’s how to go about it.
- Open the Facebook app and tap on the ellipsis in the bottom-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “Marketplace.” If you don’t see Marketplace, tap “See more.”
- Tap on the human icon and then tap “Settings.”
- Tap “Manage notifications.”
- Select the notification category (example: Message From Sellers) you wish to turn on.
- Tap the toggle button next to the notification you want to turn on.
This will ensure that you don’t miss any new postings that might be of interest to you.
Setting Up Facebook Marketplace Alerts in the Android App
Turning on notifications for Facebook Marketplace on the Android app is a quick and easy process.
- Open Facebook and tap the ellipsis in the top-right corner.
- Scroll down and tap “Marketplace.” If “Marketplace” isn’t listed, tap “See more.”
- Once you’re in the Marketplace section, tap the human icon at the top of the screen and then tap “Settings.”
- In the Settings menu, tap “Manage notifications.” From there, you can tap on the notification category you’d like to turn on, for instance, updates, tips for sellers, or saved searches.
- Tap the toggle button next to the notification type you’d like to change.
Once you do this, you’ll be notified whenever new listings are posted that match your search parameters. That means you can skip the search process altogether and always know when new, relevant items are available. It’s a super handy feature that can save you time and effort.
Setting Up Facebook Marketplace Alerts on an iPad
To receive notifications for Facebook Marketplace on your iPad, you will need to adjust your notification settings. Here’s how.
- Open the Facebook app and tap the ellipsis (three horizontal lines) in the buttom corner.
- Scroll down and tap on “Marketplace.”
- Tap on the human icon and then “Settings.”
- Tap on “Manage notifications.” Now you can select which notification categories you would like to receive by tapping on the toggle next to each category.
Be Quick on the Draw
If you’re looking for great deals on new and secondhand items, you’ll want to keep an eye on Facebook Marketplace.
By setting up alerts, you can be among the first to contact sellers when they post new items. And since many sellers are looking to unload items quickly, alerts will significantly increase your chances of finding a suitable offer. If you’re patient and quick on the draw, you can snag some amazing deals on Facebook Marketplace.
Have you set up Marketplace alerts on your device? How was the experience? Let us know in the comments section below.