Nigerian Air Force Ranks and Salary 2022 [UPDATED]
Nigerian Air Force Ranks, Salary structure for Commissioned officer, Non-Commissioned officer, Purposes/Objectives, History, Major functions, How to apply for NAF, and Additional information about the Nigerian Airforce.
Nigerian Air Force Ranks and Salaries – The Nigerian Air Force (NAF) is the arm of the Nigerian Armed Forces in charge of military air operations. However, if you are among those who have been searching for Nigerian Air Force ranks and Salary 2021, Educatefor will give you all the information you need.
Nigerian Air Force Ranks and Salary 2022
There is no doubt that the Nigerian Air Force is one of the most powerful armed forces in Africa. With more than 10,000 able-bodied officers, more and more young people are looking to start a career by joining the Nigerian Air Force.
The Nigerian Air Force was created on April 18, 1964 following the passage by the National Assembly of the Air Force Act of 1964, which stipulates that the armed forces tasked with defending the country are primarily tasked with air operations.
There is the existence of Hierarchy in every part of our daily life, so you can never do without a hierarchical mentality. That’s actually why we have a secret society, everyone belongs to a certain class. Did you know that the Nigerian Air Force has its own ranking by hierarchy?
This article will provide you with a complete guide to the Nigerian Air Force by hierarchy. Read carefully.
Nigerian Air Force ranks according to Complete Hierarchy Guide for 2022
In modern parlance, rank is a title character that determines the relative position of soldiers and officers in the military hierarchy.
Over the years, particularly in the 1960s, Nigerian military observers may have noticed that the rank could be further qualified by terms such as “acting” brigadier general, “interim” major, “important” lieutenant colonel, “local” captain. , etc. on.
What you need to know about the Nigerian Air force
The Nigerian Air Force was established in 1964 with the passage of the Air Force Act 1964 by the National Assembly with the following mandates:
1. Fully equip the military defense system of the Nigerian Armed Forces, both in the air and on the ground.
2. To ensure the rapid mobility of armed forces personnel where necessary
3. Close support for land and sea military operations in all phases and ensure the territorial integrity of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.
4. To give Nigeria the prestige of an independent air force, which is very important in international relations.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES OF THE NIGERIAN AIRFORCE IMPACT:
Following are the aims and objectives of the newly formed Nigerian Air Force as mandated by the Nigerian Parliament:
- Ensure prompt and multilateral deployment of armed forces where necessary.
- To complete the country’s military defense system.
- Assistance to land (Nigerian Army) and Navy (Nigerian Navy) at all stages of their operations.
- Play a key role in maintaining the integrity of the country as a unit.
- To enhance the image and prestige of the country, which is important for international affairs.
The Chief of Air Staff acts as an adviser to the President on defense matters relating to air operations. He also worked with the Minister of Defense and the Chief of Staff.
The Nigerian Air force ranks 2022
The structure is similar to that of the British Royal Air Force. This was expected as Nigeria was colonized by the British until independence on October 1, 1960.
What are the major functions of Nigerian Air Force?
As a tactical air force, the Nigerian Air Force is set to carry out;
- Air Defense
- Air Transport
- Counter flight operations
- Close air support
- Water Reece
- Naval Operations
As a military organization, the Nigerian Air Force has a number of functions enshrined in its constitution. These functions include;
- For the provision and training of special forces.
- Provision and provision of air mobility power.
- Provision of troops to protect Nigerian airspace.
- For training and provision of troops for the implementation of air combat missions.
- To protect Nigeria where there are air strikes.
- Provision of troops for joint airlift operations.
- For the supply of equipment for electronic warfare operations.
- For training and provision of personnel for aerial photography.
- For training and provision of refueling staff.
- Developed in coordination with procedures in air force deployments.
- Coordination with other airspace protection forces.
What is the main role of the Nigerian Air Force?
Following the approval of the Nigerian Parliament for the establishment of the Nigerian Air Force and recruitment of personnel in 1962, the Nigerian Air Force has four main functions, which are supported by the Parliament Act 1964. These roles include;
- To ensure the rapid universal mobility of the armed forces.
- Achieve the full complementarity of the military defense system of the Federal Republic of Nigeria, both in the air and on the ground.
- To give the country the prestige it deserves, which is of great value in international relations.
- To provide close support to ground and naval forces at all stages of operations and to ensure the territorial integrity of a unified Nigeria.
- After the Federal Government issued Decree 105 (Ordinance to Change the Armed Forces) in 1994 as part of the expansion of the Nigerian Air Force; Additional roles for the Nigerian Air Force have been added. These additional roles include;
- Implementation and assistance in coordinating the application of international laws, conventions, practices and customs to which Nigeria relates and agrees in relation to aerospace activities in Nigerian airspace.
- Coordinate and enforce all national and international aviation laws that Nigeria follows or is associated with.
- Differentiate, differentiate and coordinate all serial studies and safe zones of Nigerian airspace.
NIGERIAN AIRFORCE SALARY AND RANKS – OFFICIAL STRUCTURE 2022:
The monthly salaries of the commissioned and non-commissioned officers of the Nigerian Air force Salary are highlighted below:
Air Warrant Officer: N171,793 per month
Master Warrant Officer: N165,697 per month
Warrant Officer: N101,974 per month
Flight Sergeant: N87,119 per month
Sergeant: N69,261 per month
Corporal: N58,634 per month
Lance Corporal: N55,832 per month
Aircraftman: N53,892 per month
Cadet (Trainee): N44,564 per month
Air Chief Marshal: N1,724,283
Air Marshal: 1,486,451
Air Vice-Marshal: N1,376,343
Air Commodore: N677,895
Group Captain: N352,631
Wing Commander: N342,586
Squadron Leader: N248,004
Flight Lieutenant: N232,484
Flying Officer: N218,400
Pilot Officer: N187,159
Nigerian Air Force ranks 2022
After two years of silent preparation, the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) was formally established by a parliamentary resolution in 1964.
Initial training and military training was conducted under the direction of the air forces of Ethiopia, Canada, India and Germany.
Until 1976 he used the rank of army. With slight changes, it now uses the Royal Air Force title.
The current “harmonious” Nigerian Air force ranking structure (bottom-up) is as follows: https://airforce.mil.ng/
- Lance Corporal
- Flight Sergeant
- Warrant Officer
- Master Warrant Officer
- Air Warrant Officer
- Pilot Officer
- Flying Officer
- Flight Lieutenant
- Squadron Leader
- Wing Commander
- Group Captain
- Air Commodore
- Air Vice-Marshal
- Air Marshal
- Air Chief Marshal
- Marshal of the Air Force
Nigerian Air Force ranks for Non-Commissioned Officer [NCO]
There are 9 NCO in the Nigerian Air Force ranking. They are listed below:
- Air Warrant Officer
- Master Warrant Officer
- Warrant Officer
- Flight Sergeant
How to Apply for Nigerian Airforce 2022
Now that you know Nigerian Airforce Salary And Ranks, it is important you learn how to apply for Nigerian Airforce.
The training involves 4 years of both academic and military training and one year of dedicated military training, which will lead to the award of a Bachelor Degree and a presidential commission to the rank of Second Lieutenant in the Nigerian Army (NA), MidshipMan in the Nigerian Navy (NN) and Flying Officer. Click the Official Website to learn more.
Nigerian Air Force Ranks And Salary 2022
However, we believe this information on Nigerian Air Force Ranks is helpful to you? Why not share it with your friends out there by clicking on the share button on this website.
You can as well subscribe to be updated for further information concerning this topic.
If you need us to help you with more updated information at the right time about Nigerian Air Force Ranks 2022.
Kindly provide us with your phone number and email address in the comment box below.