Army ranks in Nigeria: If you are going to join the Nigerian Army as a recruit or through short service, you should be familiar with the Nigeria Army Ranks and their structured monthly salary.
In essence, Nigerian military or armed forces are very important for any country in the world. They are often grouped into 3 (three) parts, namely; Nigerian Army, Nigerian Navy and Nigerian Air Force.
The Nigerian Army is the land force, the Navy is responsible for managing the ports, while the Nigerian Air Force is responsible for managing the aviation operations.
Army ranks in Nigeria 2022/2023
Here, for your information, we will explain in detail the Nigeria Army ranks and salary structure. This compilation is created especially for young men and women who are seeking, seeking and considering the possibility of pursuing a career in the Nigerian Army.
First, the focus of this article is to provide the reader with an overview of the Nigeria Army ranks structure.
Want to join Navy? See the Nigeria navy military school form 2021/2022
The functions of the Nigerian Army Force include:
- Protect Nigeria from external aggression;
- Maintain territorial integrity and secure its borders from land, sea or air disturbances;
- Suppress riots and help civil authorities restore order if the President so requests, but under conditions and regulated by National Assembly legislation
- Performs other functions prescribed by law of the National Assembly.
Army ranks in Nigeria 2022/2023
The Nigerian is still the largest army in Africa in terms of their size and structure, they have successfully risen up in number from 18,000 to over 126,000 over the years,
This huge number has been attributed to their success in curtailing and handling the crisis in recent time.
Before we proceed we will like to separate the Nigerian army ranks into two divisions which are:
- Non commission officer: these are military men who passed through the regular 6 months training in kaduna.
They are as follows
- Warrant officer
- Master warrant officer
- Commission officer: this are the main officers and they are highly respected, they are believed to be in charge of the leadership.
They are as follows:
- 2 Lieutenant
Although, the above list seem to appear confusing, so i have decided to highlight them in a well arranged format.
Different Ranks Of The Nigerian Army
- Field Marshal (5 Star General and the highest rank In the Nigerian Army)
- General (4 Star General)
- Lieutenant General (3 Star General)
- Major General (2 Star General)
- Brigadier General (1 Star General)
- Lieutenant Colonel
- Second Lieutenant
See the Nigeria Airforce ranks and salary 2021/2022 also
Non Commissioned Officers
- Warrant Officer Class I
- Warrant Officer Class II
- Staff Sergeant
Army ranks in Nigeria and Salary 2022/2023
Nigerian Army Salary Structure: Now that we have examined the Nigeria Army ranks, let’s quickly discuss about their salaries.
The Nigerian Army salary scale depends on the rank of the officer. The salaries of Commissioned and non-Commissioned can be found below.
|Lt. General||N1 million|
Below we have managed to list the salary structure for a non-commissioned officers in the Nigerian Army. Carefully review the Nigeria Army ranks and salary structure below. Everything is displayed in a table so as not to get confused
|Master Warrant Officer||N90,000|
That is all about the Army Ranks in Nigeria and Salary 2022/2023, if there is any question drop it in the comment section.