Study In Australia: 2022 University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor Scholarships for International Students
The University of Canberra Vice-Chancellor Scholarships have opened applications for the 2022 cohort of the programme available for undergraduate and postgraduate students from developing countries who are willing to study in Australia.
The scholarship is an award worth AUD$50,000 covering all of your tuition fees for the course duration, on-campus accommodation, an annual living allowance of AUD$10,000, and other miscellaneous expenses in the first year.
The Australian Government has a large scholarship program for scholarships for international students and invests some $200 million dollars per year in programs at universities and other tertiary institutions around the country. International students are eligible for fully funded scholarships in the same way that Australian students are. The main difference is that international students may need to provide additional documentation during the application process. Many international students come to Australia seeking a quality higher education.
- Host Country: Australia
- Study Abroad: Study in Australia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: Developing Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Full Tuition | Accommodation | AUD$10,000 annual stipends
- Deadline: October 9, 2022
Three scholarships will be offered to international students intending to commence at UC in semester 1 2023, who exhibit the University of Canberra’s core values and demonstrate a commitment to social engagement, sustainability and reducing inequalities.
Students from developing countries who live in Latin America, Southeast Asia, Africa and South Asia or do not otherwise have the resources to finance international study or do not have access to other significant scholarships (example: Australia Awards) are encouraged to apply.
To be considered for the IMES, you must:
- be located offshore at the time of application.
- have applied for but not yet commenced an undergraduate or postgraduate coursework degree at the University of Canberra.
- have satisfied the program academic requirement with a minimum of 80% average (or equivalent).
- hold any form of offer letter (including conditional or provisional offer) issued by the University of Canberra.
- are applying to study on an Australian student visa (subclass 500).
- be a new commencing student.
- be a primary visa applicant. Dependants will not be eligible for the scholarship, or able to accompany the primary visa applicant.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
Three scholarships will be offered to international students intending to commence at UC in semester 1, 2023.
Up to $50,000 per year, covering:
- all of your tuition fees for the course duration
- on-campus accommodation
- $10,000 AUD yearly financial allowance
- other miscellaneous expenses in the first year
Applicants will need to submit a written statement that demonstrates the following:
- Financial need
- Demonstrated values and experience in the following areas:
- Potential to evolve as a leader in ways that embrace and advance the principles of social and economic equity, and their practice.
- Making a positive difference to the community by doing things differently, innovating, and inspiring others.
- Curiosity and a desire to learn from, collaborate and engage with perspectives from a range of cultural contexts.
You can apply for the VC’s Social Championship Scholarship at UC in two easy steps:
- Step 1: You must have an offer letter from the University of Canberra for Semester 1 2023. If you do not have an offer, apply now for admission.
- Step 2: When you have your offer letter from the University of Canberra, complete this supplementary form, which includes a personal statement. Scholarship applications submitted without an offer letter from the University of Canberra will not be processed.
Please note: The UC Admissions Office may contact you if they require more information to finalise their assessment of your eligibility for an offer letter.
For more information about the VC’s Social Championship Scholarship, please contact [email protected].
What is the timeline?
- 1 April 2022: Applications open
- 9 October 2022: Applications close
- November 2022: Shortlisted applicants will be contacted for an interview.
- December 2022: Final scholarship outcomes will be communicated.
If you have any issues with this form, please contact [email protected].
Leave a Reply