The DAAD has announced the application for the 2022 Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for international students willing to pursue undergraduate or postgraduate courses in German universities.
The scholarship comes with an award of a monthly allowance of 861 EUR and a family allowance of 276 EUR.
The most important responsibilities of the DAAD (Deutscher Akademischer Austauschdienst) include granting scholarships, promoting the internationalisation activities of German universities and research organisations, strengthening German cultural and language studies abroad and helping developing countries establish productive higher education institutions.
- Host Country: Germany
- Study Abroad: Study in Europe
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Tuition free | €12,444 annual stipends
- Deadline: October 31, 2022
Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar programme to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship. Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
The Friedrich-Ebert-Stiftung (FES) is the oldest political foundation in Germany with a rich tradition dating back to its foundation in 1925. Today, it remains loyal to the legacy of its namesake and campaigns for the core ideas and values of social democracy: freedom, justice and solidarity.
- admission to study or enrolment at a state or state-recognised higher education institution in Germany
- sufficient knowledge of German, even if the courses are held in English. This means a “Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang” of at least DSH level 2, a “Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache” of at least level 4, a “Zertifikat C 1” by a Goethe Institute, the “Deutsche Sprachdiplom der Kultusministerkonferenz” on level II or Telc C1 Hochschule
- outstanding school or academic merit (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement)
- social and political involvement and commitment to the values of social democracy
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network
- sufficient knowledge of German, even if the courses are held in English.
- Applicants come from countries in the Global South (Asia, Africa, Latin America), post-Soviet states as well as eastern and south-eastern European (EU) countries.
- Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy and live by them.
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- Each year up to 40 students are awarded FES sponsorships.
- They are paid a monthly amount of 861 EUR and costs for health insurance are funded.
- Students with a child receive a family allowance of 276 EUR.
- The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
Method of Application
Click on the link below to begin your application.