Study In Japan: 2023 Japan Government MEXT Scholarships for International Students
The Japan Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) has opened applications for the 2023 Japan Government MEXT Scholarships for interested international students.
MEXT scholarship is one of the few opportunities covering full expenses of tuition, travel, accommodation and CHY122,000 per month worth of stipend.
There are many reasons why international students choose to study in Japan, from its exceptional hospitality standards down to its breakthrough innovations which include technological advancements in automotive, robotics and electronic sectors.
- Host Country: Japan
- Study Abroad: Study in Asia
- Category: Undergraduate Scholarships | Postgraduate Scholarships | Masters Scholarships | PhD Scholarships | Training
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | Tuition | $18,311 Monthly stipend
- Deadline: Varies by country
The Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science, and Technology of Japanese Government works with other countries ministries and agencies to encourage acceptance of more international students from all over the world, including setting up a platform to help international students boost their knowledge in world top universities under highly qualified scientists.
Japanese Government MEXT Scholarship 2023 is a Full Free Scholarship for Students from all over the world to pursue Bachelor’s, Master’s or PhD degree from Japanese top Universities.
To be considered for the MEXT, you must:
- Be a non-Japanese citizen
- Be born on or after April 2, 1998
- Be willing to learn Japanese
- Submit a health certificate in the prescribed format signed by a physician attesting that the applicant has no physical or mental conditions hindering the applicant’s study in Japan.
- Be able to arrive in Japan between April 1, 2023, and April 7, 2023.
- In principle, newly obtain a “Student” visa at the Japanese diplomatic mission located in the applicant’s country of nationality, and enter Japan with the residence status of “Student.”
MEXT Scholarship will be granted those who are willing to contribute to mutual understanding between Japan and their home country by participating in activities at schools and communities during their study in Japan while contributing to the internationalization of Japan. They shall also make efforts to promote relations between the home country and Japan by maintaining close relations with the university attended after graduation, cooperating with the conducting of surveys and questionnaires, and cooperating with relevant projects and events conducted by the Japanese diplomatic mission after they return to their home countries.
- Fees for the entrance examination, matriculation, and tuition at universities will be paid by
- MEXT will stipulate the travel schedule and route, and provide an airline ticket to
grantees who will arrive in Japan during the specified period stated
- CHY 117,000 ($18,311) per month. A supplemental regional allowance of 2,000 yen or 3,000 yen per month will be added to the monthly scholarship amount for the grantees studying or conducting research in specially designated regions.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Mark Sheet Form
- Application Form
- Recommendation Letter
- Health Certificate
- Research Plan (only research students)
- Abstract of theses (if applicable)
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Secondary School: (Matric/O Levels, Attested copy)
- Academic detail Marks sheet of Higher Secondary School: (Intermediate/A Levels, Attested copy)
- Attested copy of Certificate of enrollment from current educational institution (if applicable)
- Hope certificate issued by the Institute (for students whose final result is expected by August 2022)
Method of Application
- Submission of application should be done to the Embassy/consulate of Japan of your home country. DO NOT SUMBMIT TO MEXT. Application forms can be found below.
- Enrollment types, screening procedure and deadlines for submission differs by the country, check the application detail on at the website of the Japanese Embassy/consulate of your home country.
- Previous years examination can be found here
- It is important to go through all application requirements in the Award Webpage (see Link below) before applying.
Leave a Reply