Study In UK: 2022 Fully Funded Swansea University EPSRC Scholarship for International Students
The scholarship is a fully funded PhD offer with full tuition waiver and a stipend of £15,609 per annum.
Swansea University is a research-led university that has been making a difference since 1920. Our diverse and welcoming community thrives on exploration and discovery, with a balance of excellent teaching and research, alongside a superb quality of life. Not only will you receive an outstanding learning and teaching experience with a distinct emphasis on employability but you’ll also fall in love with the city.
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £15,609 annual stipend
- Deadline: June 3, 2022
The project offers an ideal opportunity for graduates with an interest in the application of AI in biology and medicine to gain experience in development of open-source platforms and to work with industrial partners to apply them to real-world challenges.
It is based on Imaging flow cytometry, an analytical technique which delivers images of millions of cells, within a few minutes of measurement. As it is able to both mass-image large populations and resolve sub-cellular image detail, it is a transformative technology for the diagnosis and monitoring of a host of diseases. This project will use the latest algorithms in AI to analyse the large datasets generated using this system and will involve collaboration with a number of clinical and industrial collaborators, and in particular Glaxo SmithKline’s pharmaceutical assessment teams.
- Candidates must normally hold an undergraduate degree at 2.1 level (or Non-UK equivalent as defined by Swansea University) in Engineering or similar relevant science discipline. See – Country-specific Information for European Applicants 2019 and Country-specific Information for International Applicants 2019.
- English Language requirements: If applicable – IELTS 6.5 overall (with at least 5.5 in each individual component) or Swansea recognised equivalent. Details on the Swansea University English Language entry policy can be found here
- If you are holding a non-UK degree, please see Swansea University degree comparisons to find out if you meet the eligibility.
- Analytical disciplines will be considered including Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or other related disciplines
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- The Scholarship period will commence from July 1, 2022.
- The scholarship also covers the full cost of UK tuition fees and an annual stipend of £15,609.
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) Monitoring Form (online form)
- Degree certificates and transcripts (if you are currently studying for a degree, screenshots of your grades to date are sufficient)
- A cover letter including a ‘Supplementary Personal Statement’ to explain why the position particularly matches your skills and experience and how you choose to develop the project.
- Two references (academic or previous employer) on headed paper or using the Swansea University reference form. Please note that we are not able to accept references received citing private email accounts, e.g. Hotmail. Referees should cite their employment email address for verification of reference.
- Evidence of meeting English Language requirement (if applicable).
- Copy of UK resident visa (if applicable)
To apply, please complete your application online with the following information:
- Course choice – please select Nanotechnology / PhD / Full-time / 3 Year / JulyIn the event you have already applied for the above programme previously, the application system may issue a warning notice and prevent application, in this event, please email [email protected] where staff will be happy to assist you in submitting your application.
- Start year – please select 2022
- Funding (page 8) –
- ‘Are you funding your studies yourself?’ – please select No
- ‘Name of Individual or organisation providing funds for study’ – please enter ‘RS81 – Development of AI’
*It is the responsibility of the applicant to list the above information accurately when applying, please note that applications received without the above information listed will not be considered for the scholarship award.
One application is required per individual Swansea University led research scholarship award; applications cannot be considered listing multiple Swansea University led research scholarship awards.
Click on the button below to commence your application.
Leave a Reply