Study-In-UK: University of Exeter Scholarship for International Students
University of Exeter Business School is currently recruiting interested and qualified candidates for the University of Exeter PhD Scholarships.
The Sunday Times Good University Guide ranked Exeter the 12th best university in the UK, with 86.7 per cent of students receiving a First or a 2:1 at the end of their degree, and a completion rate of 94.6 per cent, which was ranked the 11th highest in the UK in 2020.
The University of Exeter Business School is one of the leading business schools in Europe, and is ranked as being among the best business schools in the world.
- Host Country: UK
- Study Abroad: Study in UK
- Category: Postgraduate Scholarships | PhD Scholarships
- Eligible Countries: All Countries
- Reward: Full Scholarship | £16,062 annual stipends | Research costs
- Deadline: May 18, 2022
The ‘Renewing biodiversity through a people-in-nature approach’ (RENEW) project will work with landowners, businesses, and communities to restore woodlands, wetlands and farmland across England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
The project will put people at the centre of action on biodiversity renewal and build expertise across different sectors and communities to address the environment and climate crises.
The RENEW project is inherently interdisciplinary and encompasses biosciences, social sciences, politics, humanities, environmental intelligence, biodiversity economics, and conservation and is being managed in collaboration with the National Trust. In addition the project is working alongside 33 project partners to deliver its aims.
A principal goal of the RENEW Studentships programme is to create a new generation of interdisciplinary, solutions-focussed researchers who have experienced a rich culture including fundamental research and engagement with key partners.
- Applicants should have obtained, or be about to obtain, a First or Upper Second Class UK Honours degree, or the equivalent qualifications gained outside the UK, in an appropriate discipline to the project. Applicants with a Lower Second Class degree will be considered if they also have Master’s degree or have significant relevant non-academic experience.
- If English is not your first language, you would need to meet the English language requirements by the start of the project
Scholarship Duration and Reward
- A fully funded RENEW studentship will cover:
- A stipend for 4 years (currently £16,062 for 2022-23 entry) in line with the UK Research and Innovation rates
- Payment of the university tuition fees
- Research and Training costs
To apply, candidates must be ready to submit the following documents;
- Letter of application outlining your academic interests, prior research experience, and reasons for wishing to undertake the project.
- Transcript(s) giving full details of subjects studied and grades/marks obtained. This should be an interim transcript if you are still studying.
- If you are not a national of a majority English-speaking country, you will need to submit evidence of your current proficiency in English.
You will be asked to name two referees as part of the application process, please ensure that you include this information, and where possible upload the reference documents. Your referees should not be from the prospective supervisory team.
• Please note that we will not be contacting referees to request references, if you do not upload them at the time of submitting your application you must arrange for them to be submitted to us by the application deadline.
• If your named referee would prefer to send us their document directly please ask them to forward the documents to [email protected].
References should be submitted by your referees to us directly in the form of a letter. Referees must email their references to us from their institutional email accounts. We cannot accept references from personal/private email accounts, unless it is a scanned document on institutional headed paper and signed by the referee.
Please note our preferred format is PDF, each file named with your surname and the name of the document, eg. “Smith – CV.pdf”, “Smith – Cover Letter.pdf”, “Smith – Transcript.pdf”. All application documents must be submitted in English. Certified translated copies of academic qualifications must also be provided.
Interested and qualified candidates should click on the button below to commence their application.
Leave a Reply